Friday, September 2, 2011

Gabby Starts Daycare

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Nelson's been enjoying the end of his time home with Gabby. We've been doing our workouts, Sofia's been doing swim & gymnastics, and Gabby has been trying several new foods to add to her menu.
But today REALITY sets in, Nelson went back to work this morning, and I had my first experience trying to get both girls ready and get them to daycare. Luckily I have the day off (and only keeping them their half day) so I didn't have to worry about getting myself ready too. Sofia got up at 6:30am (WTF) somehow managed to keep her quiet so Gabby could rest until 7:30. They played a little with some toys while I loaded up the car (Gabby needs lots of goodies at daycare - backup clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, formula, paci's, etc) Getting to daycare was another story. I took the girls in first, and went back to the car for Gabby's stuff. When I got back both were crying :( and didn't stop up until the point I left. I'm hoping that Gabby will get used to being around new people as quickly as Sofia did. Unfortunately this is the age where they know who mama and daddy are and who is NOT mama and daddy. So an emotional morning, but now I have a few hours to get some things done before I pick them up.








No comments:

Post a Comment