Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Today was....adventurous to say the least! I dropped off Sofia at daycare, planning on doing some last minute shopping and wrapping presents before picking her up early. Right after I dropped her off, I picked up some breakfast and as I was waiting to pull out of the shopping center to go to Target, I was run into by a car who was turning into the shopping center (he was hit from behind into me). Fast forward 4 hours, a dirty rental car and a headache later, I managed to get my shopping done but was not in the Christmas spirit! Here's a pic of my car at the scene (and yes of course I happened to be driving the Touareg):


But tried to regroup as we were heading to Tias and Abuelita's for dinner. Dressed Sofia up in her cute Christmas outfit from our holiday card shoot and off we went. Just about there and BAM not one but two explosive vomits later, she and her car seat are covered in her dinner, and I'm "sprinkled" let's say. She starts laughing, I think "could this day get any worse?" But the rest of the day was quite lovely...we got her to la casa de Silverlake, threw her clothes in the washer and changed her into her striped Xmas PJ's. Had a lovely dinner and she showed off for everyone. Talking, crawling, eating her puffs. The best two parts though were: 1) she gave Tia Isabel and Abuelita a "Sofi kiss" which means she smashed her face against theirs. Photos below. and 2) she waved goodbye to everyone! it's the first time she's really waved to anyone but me (Nelson missed it again! He was out reinstalling the newly cleaned carseat) She did it for about a minute straight, very much a pageant wave. Adorable. Pics below. We never did put her back into the dress because by the time it was clean it was bedtime!

With Tia Maria Angelica & Abuelita

Nel with his Tias Isabel & Maria Angelica and AbuelitaPlaying horsey on Daddy's knee



Kisses for Isabel

Kisses for Abuelita


With Tia Ani

Sleep girl - time for night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment